Pumpkin Pumpkin Pumpkin… I know its all been done to death. Today we relish with a sigh and an once of excitement over pumpkin flavored anything.. Pumpkin has taken over the fall season in every aspect possible.but lets be real for a minute. what other flavor are we going to use to celebrate fall. I’m not going to lie. I love Pumpkin Pie and Pumpkin Rolls and Pumpkin Coffee. so this post seemed inevitable.
So this year I am Experimenting with something new. White Pumpkins otherwise know as lumina or cotton candy pumpkins. White Pumpkins are becoming more and more popular fro autumn decor. I decided to try and bake with it. I roasted the pumpkin to make a fresh white pumpkin puree (you can see how I did that here). I wanted to do something other then a traditional pumpkin pie. I stumbled across a recipe for pumpkin muffins that made me think of using the muffin tin but making mini crust-less pies instead. The cupcake pies turned out wonderful and delicious, not quite as white as I was hoping. I was very impressed with the flavor and texture of the mini Pumpkin pies. I topped them with a whipped cream so good you will want to lick the bowl clean. This recipe can also be made with regular orange pumpkin puree.
- White Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
- 2 cups White pumpkin puree (Recipe here)
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅔ cup flour
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- Cream Cheese Whipped Cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease 12 cup cupcake pan.
- In a bowl stir together flour, pumpkin spice, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Mix the pumpkin puree with sugar, eggs, vanilla and evaporated milk
- Add dry ingredients in the mixture and mix until it’s evenly combine.
- Fill the pan with ⅓ cup of the mixture in each cup.
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes.
Cream Cheese Whipped Cream
- Electric mix cream cheese and vanilla smooth.
- Whisk in sour cream.
- Add sugar.
- Add cream slowly until desired consistency.
- Pop in fridge to firm it up for a little while. Pipe it if you’d like to.
- Let the cupcakes cool in the pan for 20 minutes than remove them from the pan and let them cool completely. Store them in the fridge.
- Top the cupcakes with whipped cream and dusted with cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice on top before serving.
Let's Stay in Touch!
Subscribe to get recipes straight to your inbox.