If you are following this blog at all you will already know that Fall is my favorite season. It’s that time of the year when everything slowly becomes about comfort as we leave the long carefree days of summer begin to prepare for winter hibernation. We want comfy clothes and blankets, snuggly boots and sweaters and we want our comfort foods. In a season where everything is sneaking Pumpkin spice in to anything. Let me tell you, there is nothing more comforting in fall than caramel and apple cinnamon monkey bread.
Monkey Bread has been loved since the 1950’s. This soft warm gooey treat is so sweet and comforting you will forget that winter is just around the corner, or at least you will for a few minutes. There are many different variations of this recipe. different ingredients and wonderful flavors. I want to try so many more of them. This one has become my standard go to recipe. It is easy to make with the ready to bake cinnamon rolls that shortens the prep time immensely. Also I made these in a muffin tin to make them into individual portions instead of the full funnel pan. The recipe works for either one, also works for a loaf pan as well. The cook time vary per pan preference.
Apple Caramel Monkey Bread
Prep Time 10 mins | Cook Time 20 mins | Serves 12
2 cans of Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls
1/2 cup of white sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon
3 tbsp melted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 medium peeled green apple small diced
Store bought Caramel sauce for a drizzle topping
2 Muffin Pans
- Preheat Oven to 375F
- Open Cinnamon Rolls and cut in to quarters
- Mix white sugar and cinnamon and toss cinnamon rolls in the mixture until well covered
- Place sugar coated rolls into greased muffin pan
- Sprinkle apples onto each muffin tin
- Mix Melted butter and Brown Sugar together and pour over each muffin tin
- Bake for 18-22 mins cool for 5-10 minutes then remove from pans and serve warm topped with caramel or cool completely to reheat later
Let's Stay in Touch!
Subscribe to get recipes straight to your inbox.