November has come and gone.This year has flown by hasn’t it. November has been great this year and not only because its my Birthday Month But just over 10 days ago was my 30th birthday! I was really excited to turn 30. I don’t live in fear of getting older. growing old is a privilege. I can’t wait to see what the next era in my life brings. My 20’s were pretty great though. They were full of many great ups and some terrible downs, But that is what I think your 20’s should be. The years of being twenty really shaped me into who I want to be. I really took the time to figure out who I am and who I want to be. I am proud to be 30 and I have plans for these precious years. Life at 30 is pretty great, I am happy healthy and more capable than ever. As I take a moment to look back I think of the things I got to do in my 20’s, and a lot about what I learned.
so here are a few of them.
Things I Learned in My 20’s
- Loving yourself is hard but hating yourself is harder.
- Communication is important in every aspect of your life.
- Travel is always worth it.
- How to handle rejection.
- Yoga pants are pants and can be worn anywhere. (I don’t care what anyone says)
- Being alone is healthy.
- Relationships are hard.
- Moisturize! No matter what!
- Pay your bills.
- Being a mom taught me about a strength I didn’t know I had, about fears I didn’t know existed, and what love really is.
- It’s ok to be Selfish sometimes.
- Real true love happens when you are ready.
- The dryer most of the time is your dresser.
- There is never enough money or time.. Spend both wisely.
- Go after what you want.
- Life is too short for bad: coffee, food, music, wine, people..
- Be kind and be brave.
- Always have emergency pizza and/or ice cream on hand.
- Friendships are important, but less is more.
- My mother was right.
In these years I learned what made me tick, what made me happy and how I deserved to be treated because I was already treating myself that way. Life is too short and unpredictable not to live it exactly the way you please.
Happy Birthday To Me!
Let's Stay in Touch!
Subscribe to get recipes straight to your inbox.