I finally got to use some of the vintage drawer pulls and hooks I have been collecting for a while. The need for more places to hang coats in our entryway resulted in this simple vintage coat hanger project.
This Vintage Coat Hanger Project was very simple to complete and I love being able to have these hooks on display. I got most of these hooks and knobs at Simply Primitive a home decor store in my area.
Wood – I used a 8 ft x 7in x 1in peice
10 Vintage knobs, hangers or drawer pulls
Wood Stain (any color you want)
- Cut the wood to desired length. I got mine cut when I bought it at the hardware store.
- Sand down the edges and the rough spots with sand paper.
- Stain the wood your desired color. I used Minwax Polyshades in Natural Cherry. Polyshades have the polyurethane in the stain so its perfect for this project. Sponge on in long strokes to avoid layer lines.
- I did 3 coats of the stain/poly then let it dry for 24 hours.
- I measured for the positions of the hooks and knobs.
- Drill the holes for the knobs with an electric drill.
- Attach the knobs. if they are not flush with the back of the board break off the end or grind off the backs with a grinder.
- Then attach the board to the wall making sure to attach it to the studs.
- and Voila! you are done.
Some of the vintage hooks needed a little care. I used Gold Metallic Spray Paint and gave them a quick couple coats, Just to make them flow a little better with the color scheme.
Thanks for stopping by! Don’t Forget to Share and Subscribe.
You may also like Diy Coat Rack Makeover and Shoe Shelf Makeover
Let's Stay in Touch!
Subscribe to get recipes straight to your inbox.