Anytime I ask Brynn and Glen what they what the would like for supper, the answer is almost always the same either pizza or pasta. Pizza is my personal favorite and I have been honing this pizza crust recipe for a very long time. It is my favorite, I use a little honey in my recipe. I’m not sure what the difference is but it brings a flavor I miss when I don’t use it. Pizza is more than just a meal at our house it is a food group. We love pizza in almost any way, shape or form. Pizza is a comfort food to us. Homemade pizza is one of my all time favorite recipes that I will share here.
Pizza Crust Recipe (we will start here)
1 cup Warm Water
2 1/2 tsp Dry Active Yeast (one packet)
2 tbsp Honey
3 tbsp Olive Oil
2 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups Flour
- Add the yeast and honey to the warm water in large mixing bowl and let sit until foamy and bubbly, about 5-7 mins
- Add olive oil and stir
- Add salt and 1 cup of flour mix until well incorporated then add another cup mix well again
- Add last 1/2 cup and mix well until dough forms a ball
- Knead with hands for a couple minutes until smooth ball then place in a lightly oiled bowl
- Cover and let sit in a warm place for 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 450 F
- Take out of bowl and punch down to let the air out
- Divide in two and cover and let rest again for 25 minutes
My Pizza recipe is slightly different than this one. This one is for the Stuffed Pizza Bread so I made adjustment.
Stuffed Pizza Bread
Pizza Dough Recipe (see Above)
2 tbsp Pesto
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese (the real stuff please)
24 small Pepperoni Slices
1 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese Shredded
1 cup Pizza Sauce (I use this one)
Non Stick Spray
- Prepare Pizza Dough recipe
- Mix Pesto and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Spray Pan with nonstick spray
- Cut a small piece of dough roll out place a slice of pepperoni and sprinkle of cheese in the center
- Seal the edges and roll into a ball
- Dip Ball in pesto mixture and place in pan
- Repeat until you run out of dough
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top of the dough
- Drizzle the rest of the pesto mixture on to dough
- Bake at 450 F for about 20 minutes
- Cool for about 5 minutes
- Flip out onto plate cool for 5 more minutes
- Serve with Pizza Sauce and enjoy!
Let's Stay in Touch!
Subscribe to get recipes straight to your inbox.