Last Night we had a Fall bbq supper. Steak, corn and salad with fresh rolls it was delicious. It was a great summery meal that fit in with the beautiful October day we had. We can feel the beautiful days slipping away. This candy apple pie seemed to fit so well with the feel of last nights supper. The apple pie is a fall staple here and candy apples fit so well with summer events that just ended and Halloween not so far away. Best of both worlds really.
- 2 Pie Crust Dough sheets
- 2 cans Apple Pie Filling
- 3 oz Hot Tamales candy
- 1/4 cup Water
- 3 tbsp or grenadine
- 1 Egg
- Sanding Sugar (for top of pie)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine Hot Tamales grenadine and water in saucepan over low heat until most of the red hots are dissolved.
- Combine apple pie filling and red hot mixture in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Place one sheet of pie dough in bottom of pie pan.
- Pour filling into the pie crust
- Top with other pie crust and pinch together with bottom crust
- Cut some venting holes in the top of the pie crust.
- Brush with beaten egg.
- Sprinkle with sanding sugar.
- Bake for 40 minutes. If the edges of your pie are getting too brown before the center is browned, cover edges with aluminum foil.
Allow to cool before serving.
Enjoy this pie anytime for any reason its a prefect treat for any occasion.