The Best Roasted Butternut Squash Soup Ever! Seriously with smoky bacon goodness roasted right in.
AMAZING! You will love this soup.
This soup is one of the coziest soups ever. You will warm up with a bowl and a slice of warm French Bread. Roasted Butternut Squash Soup is perfect for sipping or dipping, It suits great what ever your soup preference is.
I have tried and made many other Butternut Squash soups before and this was is just so irresistible. with the extra toppings of crumbled bacon, cheese and green onions. This is comfort food at its best. Full of vegetables and Kid approved. This Soup is perfect for chilly evenings and snowy days spent cozied up on the couch.
Roasted Butternut Squash and Bacon Soup.
Prep 15 mins | Cook 65 mins | Serves 8
1 Butternut Squash (about 3-4 pounds), peeled, seeded and cut in 1 inch chunks
1/2 of an Onion, chopped
1 Red pepper, chopped
4 garlic cloves, chopped
4 slices of bacon diced
2 tbsp olive oil
6 cups Stock (Beef, Chicken, or Vegetable)
2 tsp Curry powder
1 tsp Chili powder
1/2 tsp pepper
1 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray baking sheet or roasting pan with non-stick spray
- In large bowl toss together Squash, onion, red pepper, garlic and olive oil.
- place the mixture on pan and place in the oven Bake for 40 mins or until squash is tender.
- In a large pot. over medium heat. add squash mixture, spices, and stock let cook for 5 minutes.
- Puree soup in a food processor or blender.
- Put the pureed soup back in the pot and add coconut milk and more stock to thin the soup if needed.
- season with salt and pepper.
- serve with bacon crumbles, cheese and green onions, if desired.