Delicious, Soft and chewy Naan bread Prefect as a Side dish, or a pizza crust.
Homemade Naan Bread
1 Packet of Dry Active Yeast
1 cup of Warm water
3 tbsp Honey
3 tbsp Milk
1 tbsp salt
4 cups Flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water and stir in honey. Let stand for about 10 minutes, until bubbly.
- Stir in milk and egg.
- Slowly add 1 1/2 cup of flour, stir until smooth.
- Add the rest of the four and knead for about 6 mins on a lightly floured surface or in mixer. Until smooth
- Place in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with cloth or plastic wrap and let rise in warm place for about an hour.
- When the dough has doubled in size, take out of bowl, punch down.
- Cut off handfuls of dough and roll into balls and place on a tray.
- cover with towel and let rise until double in size, about 30 minutes.
- preheat griddle to high heat.
- once grill is hot and dough has risen, roll one ball of dough into a thin circle.
- Place on grill and cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side
- Remove from grill and continue the process until all the naan has been prepared.