This Hot Fudge Pudding Cake is so magical. The magic happens while baking in the oven.
A rich, gooey cake forms on the top, and a warm, melty, fudgy chocolate sauce forms on the bottom.
Serve with ice cream and life is complete
This super simple cake batter bakes in to a wonderful chocolate cake with a warm fudge secret inside. The chocolate cake is soft and gooey and has a light crispy crust and a warm fudgy sauce hidden underneath. My grandmother used to make this cake when I was little. Even though this is my version of her recipe it brings back so many memories of her and I get a little nostalgic and still miss her a lot. This cake is seriously the best and could not be easier to make. I hope you all try it out asap! You probably have everything you need to make it in your cupboards already!
Hot Fudge Pudding Cake
1 cup flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup butter melted
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1 1/2 cup boiling hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a baking dish. (I used a 9 inch round glass baking dish)
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl
- Add milk, butter and vanilla. Mix until well blended
- Spread mixture evenly into baking dish.
- For topping mix together white sugar and brown sugar and cocoa.
- Sprinkle sugar mixture over top of the cake mixture
- Carefuly pour the boiling hot water slowly over top of sugar mixture and DO NOT STIR.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the center of cake is set.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes then serve while warm with ice cream.