One of our favorite things to order for takeout is Indian food, but we don’t get the chance to get takeout as easily anymore. Living in a small town out in the country, our takeout options are very limited. Butter chicken is our favorite meals for take out. I decided to make a fast easy healthier version that we can make at home with out to much hassle but getting as much flavor as traditional curries we get in the city as I possible could. This variation of butter chicken has been a trial and error project of mine for a few months now. I am very happy with how it going. This easy healthy butter chicken recipe is a mild curry but you can easily add a little more heat to it by adding come more cayenne pepper to your own liking.
Easy Butter Chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp ground ginger
1 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups Tomato sauce plain
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 pound chicken breast cubed
3 cups of Cauliflower Florets
- Cooked White Rice or Cauliflower Rice for serving
- Homemade Naan Bread for serving
- Mix all the dry spices and sugar together in a small bowl and set aside
- Melt butter in a large skillet or wok over medium heat, Add the onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir the spice mixture into the pan and cook for 1 min while stirring
- Stir in the tomato sauce and bring to a boil then add in chicken stir and reduce heat and cover. Let cook for about 20 minutes, stir occasionally
- Stir in coconut milk and cauliflower pieces. Let simmer for about 10 more minutes.
- serve sauce and chicken over rice with homemade naan bread.
*This is an updated version of a recipe I made a few months ago to see the original butter chicken here*
You Also May Enjoy…