Easy Maple Chicken & Sweet Potatoes is a healthy and clean one pan dinner.
Bursting with sweet and savory flavors that taste like you spent hours in the kitchen instead of minutes.
This easy one pan meal is perfect for weekly meal prepping or fast weeknight meal.
This is one of those amazing meals that balance sweet and savory in one incredible dish. The perfect maple sauce combined with juicy chicken and a savory onion and sweet potato hash makes this meal so addicting. If you are looking for something new to add to your meal rotation that has tons of flavor without being overly ambitious, then this is a great go to for a new option. Lately I have been obsessed with the concept of one pan meals. One pan meals make my life so much easier!, easy prep, easy bake, easy clean up, and they are easily customizable. (I am Obsessed, for real)
Some fun things I found on the internet this week. Click the links to see what I found this week.
Elon Musk wants to fix the energy crisis in Australia in 100 days – This man is a Superhero.
Why you should be watching The Man in the High Castle. – I am obsessed with this show!
How to actually fold a fitted sheet (without lighting it on fire) – This blew my mind.
Easy Maple Chicken and Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper on both sides. lightly coat chicken breasts in flour. In a large frying pan or oven safe skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Place chicken in pan and brown on both sides, About 5 minutes on each side until golden-brown. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in same pan from the chicken, over medium-high heat until hot. Saute sweet potatoes, onion, and garlic in oil 5-8 minutes until veggies are golden brown in spots and caramelized (sweet potatoes won’t be cooked completely) then Stir in paprika and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In the same oven safe skillet you have been using all along place chicken on top of the sweet potato mixture and place in oven and bake for 20 minutes. or you can also use a oven safe baking dish, pour the sweet potato mixture on the bottom of the pan then place chicken on top. Bake for 20 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, Make the maple sauce. In a small pot saute the garlic in the oil for about 2 minutes. Add maple syrup, and balsamic vinegar. stir well. let simmer and reduce for about 8-10 minutes until slightly thickened.
- After the chicken has baked for 20 minutes. remove from the oven and brush the maple sauce over the chicken breast and drizzle the leftover sauce over the sweet potatoes.
- Bake for another 10 minutes. cool for about 5 minutes and serve immediately, or divide up portion in to dishes for weekly meal prep.
Serving size: 1 Chicken Breast and 1/4 of sweet potatoes
Calories: 345 Fat: 15g Carbohydrates: 28g Sugar: 9g Fiber: 3g Protein: 24g
- Thank you so much for stopping by!
Don’t forget to Subscribe Share and Follow! Xoxo
Hypem – @asparklymess
- Still Hungry?? You might also enjoy..
- Easy One Pan Bruschetta Chicken
- One Pan Chicken & Veggie Bake
- Easy Healthy Sweet and Sour Chicken