A decedent yet simple Blueberry Bread Pudding
Perfect for any occasion and can be ready for the oven within minutes
Bread pudding has been a personal favorite of mine for a very, very long time! It’s so easy and fast, and taste so good you won’t be able to get enough of this wonderful treat. My family loves it so much. To me this is a comfort food dessert, perfect for these chilly evenings and bitter cold nights. I always enjoy this decedent treat anytime of the year for sure. Freezing bread leftover to have it ready in the freezer for whenever the urge hits is a wonderful idea, It is so fast and simple to throw together withing minutes.The sauce can be easily doubled or tripled so you always have some on hand and it goes really well with so many other things,Ice cream, Cakes, or just on its own by the spoonful is so good as well.
8 cups of cubed bread
3 cups milk
1 cup of sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Beat the egg and sugar together.
- Add Milk, vanilla and cinnamon and mix well.
- Layer bread and blueberries in a greased Baking dish. (I used a 9×13 casserole dish)
- Pour milk mixture over the bread mixture.
- Push the bread down a bit to make sure the bread is compleately soaked
- Bake in 375 F oven for 1 hour
- While the Bread Pudding bakes you can prepare the sauce (see below)
- Take out of oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Cut and serve with sauce.
3/4 cup Heavy Cream
1 cup Brown Sugar
1/3 cup Butter
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Melt butter in a sauce pan.
- Add Brown Sugar and cream and stir well.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat so it doesn’t boil over.
- let boil for about 5-8 minutes until the sauce darken and thickens slightly.
Let's Stay in Touch!
Subscribe to get recipes straight to your inbox.